Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Welcome to south africa!

First views of Africa.
So after two flights totalling 19 hours, with a 12 hour break in London, minimal sleep, no showers (to the point of nearly making unintential dredlocks in my hair) I have finally arrived in my new home country.
First thing to comment on is the people, I hate to be cliche/ generalize but these are the nicest people I have ever seen in my life. They are selfless, helpful, relaxed and always approach you with a smile. This is no walk with your head down and don't make confrontation skidmore/NYC .
The food has yet to blow me off my feet but I haven't left the 5 mile radius of the airport yet so that's understandable. Also everything is so freaking cheap. Love me so rand!
Also got my Nokia- I dont know if you readers/ reader(aka my mom) know this about me but I have an obsession with Nokia phone games. Who remembers snake??? That's right! Well this baby has this game where you have to move a stack of increasingly big rings to the pole two the the right without ever placing a ring of bigger radius on top of one with a smaller. Challenging? yes! But after 4 months I am determined to be an expert- or at least beat level 4 (my current record).

Off to the jungle!

No comments:

Post a Comment