Sunday, December 2, 2012

BeST wEeK EVERRR!

The past week has been filled with such fun. Really a contestant in the old VH1 show (we all miss) Best Week Ever.
Instead of my blabbering I have decided to splurge on internet and walk you through my week with pictures, since they are worth 1000 words and all.

Last Monday night the girls from downtown came over to cook with Tori and I for a girls night, sent the boys for burgers and we made not one, but two types of risotto, before going to this jazz club I had been hearing about. The entire night was flawless, risotto delicious (pancetta and pea, and mushroom and zucchini)! A carrot cake for dessert and phenomenal jazz- like perfect and the only live music I have seen here that attracts people of all ages and races. 
  
girls night!!!
Then I took a spontaneous drum lesson with Tori and Gaby, so fun! I have 0 coordination and could not keep up at all, but it was so fun and these men from Ghana own the shop and are some of the nicest human beings I have ever come in contact with. So giving and wanting us to learn and understand their love of drumming. I will be going back for a mini drum and another attempt at playing.
This was probably the best part of my best week. Play time in the yard with the boys. After wasting away in front of my computer all day at the house all alone, some people came home from the library (where almost my entire class was, except me I don't really get or like libraries) to play with me. I don't know why but a shopping cart was in our yard when we moved in and I have never really questioned it. Somehow I decided to get inside of it and Sam pushed me around the yard like a child. Then Sam and Patrick decided to begin a jumping contest, which I judged from my royal chamber of the shopping cart. Soon enough they ran out of things to jump over, Sam is literally a gazelle and should be a professional jumper if that is a thing cause he can actually fly. I became the next challenge and although slightly terrified I was ok with being the target.


Watch these as if tehy were a slideshow/ movie:
Ready?!?!


Set!





































                                 




































































         


GOOOO!!!!
PHEWF! just cleared it....what is my life?



After a strenous Thursday, the last time you guys heard from me, where I had to do homework for the first time in a month and remembered how much I hate it, Friday we decided to treat ourselves to a reward. Cape Town is the weirdest city because it is like a full functioning city at the base of a mountain, also on the ocean! What?!?!?! So considering i havent been to the beach all month and had almost forgotten it was steps away to be honest, off we went. I returned to Kalky's fish and chips shack on the docks of Kalk Bay, about a 35 minute train ride from the house, where my parents and I ventured to for lunch. Much less stressful without Greg driving and Bess being Bess in the back seat while figuring out how to drive on the left side of the road- woah was that stressful! So after a beautiful train ride we feasted! Literally ordered half the menu and had the best time feeding seagulls, eating til we were nauseous and walking around the adorable seaside town. So fun!

lunch! yum yum



kALK.bAY.kREW
Girls at the Biscuit Mill!

Yesterday was second place for best day this week. A superb day from start to finish, started off at my fav the Old Biscuit Mill market. Heaven once again! And tfor summer, which is in full swing here a nice 85 today, they have seperated and increased the shopping, and added an oysters stand!So delicious, enjoyed my last feasting and batch of hipstermania in Cape Town. Then it was off to the beach, not bad. Beautiful afternoon at Clifton beach, tanned, slept, ya know the beach deal! It really felt like summer, so weird!

Then on a whim we decided to just go for a boat ride! It was on all of our to-do lists and because we are counting down the last days here, I don't want to talk about it, we just decided to go for it! Got to the waterfront, bargained for bottomless Champagne to be thrown in the deal and off we went. It was magnificent. One of the best things I've done here and just spectacular.
selfies on the beach...at this base of a mountain

                                                          WHAT IS THIS PLACE!!!!!

at the edge of the boat at sunset...im obviously terrified
....I HAVE NO WORDS!






 
   








No comments:

Post a Comment