Monday, November 26, 2012

Is this school?

So any good follower of this lovely blog, a.k.a my parents, would notice that November has been lighter on the posts than the previous 2 months of this crazy trip. WEIRD that November is almost over!!! AHHHHH!! where/what/how is time???
At the start of this month I  ____ ____the _______ ____with some friends and did____ ______ ____ _______ ____which was insane and so fun!! Everyone should put this on the top of their bucket list! (to be filled in on Dec 13th, when I get off this weirdly strict program). Since then I have actually been living "the" life. The one everyone talks about and dreams of, I really think i'm currently doing it. I have complete freedom, am in a fascinating foreign country with possibilities all around me and an incredible group of friends to spend everyday with. My ISP is on live music, which pretty much only occurs at night so my days are completely free. So you're probably thinking if you're so insanely free then why not blog more? Well pretty much every second of my day is spent doing something fun, I know what is this universe, like I kid you not I really cannot remember the last time I wasn't loving what I was doing. Even when it's not my personal favorite thing, I am still happy to be doing and experiencing it so that I can see it firsthand- prime ex. this hoidy-toidy, super exclusive club we went to on Friday night that was filled with the most pretentious people, chock full of men in blazers and jeans and girls without any sense of personal style, but I still loved hating it and laughing at it with my equally underdressed best friends. I have just basically been on a vacation it seems like, getting to choose from a great lunch at a fabulous restaurant with this friend or the beach or a shopping afternoon in a new neighborhood or watching a movie with a friend and the list goes on. There is too much fun to be had and I can't get enough of it all. Even last night I decided for the first time in weeks to stay in for the night and it was excellent! I roasted broccoli, watch Entourage with the boys and talked about high school superlatives with all 12 of us at the end of the night. What a life!
I'll keep living the dream, just wanted to let you know why I've been a bit out of the reg postings. But today was a boatload of reading and pics to keep you happy.



Also yesterday I went to this place called Mzoli's, which is a braai restaurant in Gugguletu, a township and a number one tourist attraction in Cape Town. It is a genius business plan where you buy raw meat from the butchery in the front room, go down a hallway to the braai room where you drop your tray off and wait for it to cook, on a Sunday up to an hour, and go find a table, some drinks and snacks- everything besides the meat is bring your own- in the room of tables and music next door. It is a block party with meat...lots of meat. It was an awesome place that is almost as smart as Chirpin Chicken, man do I miss that place, and I get why its a must see.
Here's how things go at Mzoli's Place

Step 1: 
Buy your meat, a selection of steak, pork, chicken and sausage awaits you after the 1 hour line outside
I went with chicken and steak with some friends
(oh hey tattoo!)
 


Step 2: Meat goes in the line. So organized, so brilliant, so good. 



cooking the meat!

Step 3: the meat gets cooked- how they throw it all on there alltgoether and remember who ordered what I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT! GENIUSES!
STEP 5: WHO CAN GUESS IT?!?!?!?!?
EATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! 




also Crystal and I snuck in the room of dead, hanging pigs. freezing, smelly and hilarious.




No comments:

Post a Comment