Monday, October 15, 2012

Buccaneers

I feel like all I have to write in this post is GO THERE!
Just go. It's amazing and perfect and the best combination I have ever seen of a vacation with activites, relaxation, recognizing the fact you're someplace tropical but also 20 minutes from a township in the Eastern Cape of South Africa and always with a fully stocked bar.
Here is the link: read and book you're next vacation: http://www.cintsa.com/

List of things done in Buccaneers:
Began with volleyball and wine with Richard. After showing off my beautiful serve, I showed how I can stand in the middle of the court and completely not pay attention to the game. Next the race for the first showers in a week for everyone except me- remember I got the glam hotel the night before so I was good to go for a little.
After a delicious (looking-still couldnt eat) Mexican feast, it was off to Night 1. Had some great chats, learned more about the group and how they handle, and cannot handle, binge drinking. Was honestly a frat party and I was the sober girl witnessing the shit show, which is always super fun.
Next day included a tour of the local village and a talk with Denver, the coolest guy, yet another one of my inspirations on this trip, who has an NGO helping with computer literacy, health clinic access, education, small business ownership, sports, etc. in the village and is awesome. As he explained, how could he not do this? He made it so simple, if you wanna make a change, just talk to people and do it and if it fails, it fails. But it so easily could not and succeed and make a difference.
After that exhausting morning it was off the beach. Well never say I haven't swam, and almost got my foot eaten by a crab, in the Indian Ocean before! Check! Then it was on to Night #2: highlights include jello shots (as a fundraiser for children in need), midnight beach rugby and memorable slumber parties.
Next morning was a bright and early game drive at the local reserve. It was very cool to see male lions, but not a safari, more like a zoo with lots and lots of grass. The whole thing was very staged and they keep the cats seperates from the prey to preserve them for longer, which is just not the point of seeing animals in the wild. Anyway off my high horse. After another bananagram, rugby, and more crab attacking feet in the warmest ocean in the world, beach filled afternoon, it was our last dinner and night and was awesome. More chill, as we were worn out from the first two, but still memorable and I managed to tp a house for the first time in my life. Before the flight the next morning we did the classic stop by with the elephants. So casually on our way out of town, stopped in for a elephant interaction and touched the gentle giants for a bit and took upwards of 4,000 photos as a group.
All in all, Good Timezzz in Bucc.
Loved the vaca, free time, tanning and memories.
On to Cape Town then Stellenbosch.

Craziest semester of my life continues on.
Best of the best pics:
4 pm Volleyball and Wine- daily
beach

what a model
petting a lion....on a budget

elephant time!
our new friend

No comments:

Post a Comment