Monday, October 15, 2012

Stellenbosch (a.k.a Greenwich, CT with vineyards)

4 hours deep into Stellenbosch homestay and here are my thoughts:
1. I have wifi- if you are reading this blog and we are actually friends, like who would skype and haven't gotten to yet, now is the time!
2. My family is hilarious- although we are prepared to semi hate this, being that these are white Afrikaaner families who are apparently responsible for keeping apartheid still around, they are here for us to learn from and we have to keep an open mind. My family is mom (homeschools her kids by day, plays tennis for leisure {hey bess}), dad (joke cracker of the year- has already mentioned leaving us with the kids for a holiday, something I would not kill him for), Jana (15 and cooler than me- amazing painter, long boards and plays guitar and is gorgeous) and Michael (11 and cooler than me also- rocks skinny jeans, also long boards and is taking me to half price sushi on Sunday). Good thing there are no similarities to home here to make me miss it- not the funny dad, tennis playing mom and brother and sister almost exactly the same age difference as Brett and I. Phewf! Avoided that one!
3. Beautiful, expansive home. 3 cars. Endless rooms. An entire wing with private bathroom for Tori and I. An awesome kitchen, well decorated and practical and with tons of appliances- yeah!
4. There is a pool

Good Night! love you already Stellytown

No comments:

Post a Comment