Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Clicks and Cliques

Mollo blog readers! (Hello is xhosa- pronounced k-with click- hosa)
Sorry I've been a bit inconsisent with the posts- internet and free time are on the rarer side these days and to be honest I have been too distracted to focus on anything besides the tasks in front of me and explaining everything people ask me about myself (fear of horses, hatred of spicy food and why I have double the amount of allowed luggage).But despite being on 3 hours sleep, I shall spend my alloted nap time sharing my stories with the world wide wide- So where do I start! The past 4 days have just been insane- like I know probably everything I am gonna say sounds too cliche to handle but I have just never experienced anything like it. I wanna compare it to camp cause the whole like living with 22 kids you don't know and doing all the same stuff within the same spaces is camp like, but then we can like go out-ish at night (haven't really been able to too much cause joberg is super dangerous, but we went to the hotel across from our hostel, which I die for and the owner rob is the coolest man ever and my inspiration for life).
But honestly I'm so happy it feels fake. This is just too cool to be real- its like the freedom of college, but I just feel like 100 times more mature for being here and putting myself fully into this pretty intense program. This week is still orientation and everyone is so excited to go out in cape town I honestly think we're gonna get off the plane and some people are gonna go straight to the bar before the cab (PI style). I mean I'm excited too of course, but I can control myself....i hope.
So most important thing to share is the people. So far, while there are some people I could do without, I wouldn't change our group for the world. I have a few potential bffs and despite best efforts groups are forming. But I'm really consciously trying to be less gossipy and more open to everyone, but it's hard cause im already finding myself pulled in 3 groups (I know classic brenna and I'm killing myself for it) but I do think that everyone is super chill and drama is what no one wants so all should be ok.
Pray for me in Cape Town!

No comments:

Post a Comment