Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Carpenter


Oh the little things you never think about when going abroad. Like settling for a new shampoo flavor. Not having twizzler pull and peals and NOT BEING ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW AVETT BROTHERS CD DUE TO SLOW, LIMITED INTERNET. Everyone on the program does not need to read this considering you experienced first hand my struggles with the capped internet and slow downloads. Sorry I used up all the internet for the month and slowed down everyone’s facebook albums.
But!
It was well worth it cause hot damn they have done it again. The boys you thought could not get better just did, its everything I could want and more. There is the slow, sultry songs, the head banging ones and everything in between. Seth and Scott you should know (if you’re somewhere out there answering my prayers and reading this) that the Carpenter will be the soundtrack to my semester in Cape Town and I will never forget the amount of focus and dedication it took to make sure that album was on my, and my two other fellow fans, computers with 800 MB of internet and 23 macs using it at once.
What an experience it was.
As far as the music critic within me's thoughts, I don't know if its just cause I knew them but Down With the Shine and Once and Future Carpenter are my favs. Pretty Girl from Michigan and I never Knew you are close seconds, with the soul and that head banging killer that you find on every album. A Fathers First Spring and February Seven are also beautiful and will quickly become my go to relaxing songs. In terms of negatives- I just don't get Paul Newman Vs. The Demons. While yes the whole album is more rock and I get where there going with it, its just too punky and Sum 41 for me. Winter in my Heart is another that I did not fall immediately for. Its good and slow and I get its place on the album, I just won't crave it like the others. 
But all in all they really can do no wrong by me.
Love you forever and always. Thank god for cheddar cheese, maple syrup and the Avett Brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment