Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lion's Head is ma bitch

Now that I have gotten back to reality- for the next 12 hours- I can explain to you in normal Brenna fashion my experience hiking Lion's Head mountain at 7:30 am Saturday morning- AT 7:30 AM SATURDAY MORNING! Yes I had 4 hours sleep. Yes I was the most nauseous I've ever been. and yes I have never really hiked a mountain. So bright-eyed and bushy tailed I threw on what I guessed would be hiking appropriate clothing, downed an awful, cold muffin and filed into the van to the mountain. Was dropped off at the base and just got thrown in to the long, neverending, red, rocky, dirt path. After quickly- yet slowly- falling behind the group I began my hike, at my pace, with my music and my thoughts. Just a little well needed alone time on a giant mountain- ya know? So after rock climbing, meeting new friends and running into the slow crew from my group I finally made it to the top. Here's the thing it honestly was not bad- just everyone was moving too fast and I wanted to stop take some pics, not have a heart attack and do my thing. The view from the top, and the whole way up because you just keep going in large circles and getting 360 views, was incredible...like indescribable. Heres some pics of the group at the top, me taking on the top like its no ones buisnessss and the challenging walk down, potentially harder than the way up. Hope you enjoyed this short stint of outdoorsy Brenna cause she is on the way out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment